Published the 22.12.2016
Parceller is a software that enable to generate Voronoï diagrams.
From a set of seeds (points, circles, or blocks) and a polygonal boarder (2d or 3d polyline entity) enclosing the seeds, the software computes the Voronoï cells of each seed. The building of a diagram can be done once a time or step by step.
List of the functionalities
Parceller offers 3 commands:
- PARCELLER for the generation of Voronoï diagrams once;
- PARCELLER-ITER for the generation of Voronoï diagrams step by step;
- PARCELLER-DELETE for clearing of diagrams.
- the generation of Voronoï diagram is now possible with concave polygon;
- the recording of the diagrams inside the dwg file in order to bring some modification when reopening a drawing;
- the display of the computation progress in the state bar of the cad software;
- auto-computing of the numerical magnitude;
- steping back one step when using the iteration command.
- The software runs in 2D.
- Beyond 10000 points the execution time is long.
- The concave boarder should not be too snaky.
The performances of execution (magnitude of time on a 1.6Ghz processor) are about 20 seconds for 1000 seeds, 20 minutes for
10000 seeds, and presumably 20 hours for 100000 seeds.